After 12 years with Leighton Properties in both Sydney and Melbourne, Bruce established Equity Development Management in October 2001 to provide building and construction project management, property consultancy and development management services.
With 29 years experience in the Australian property and construction industry, Bruce is well placed to assess the issues and opportunities presented by significant private and public building and construction projects. Prior to Leighton Properties, Bruce was with the publicly listed Eurolynx Properties Limited providing property acquisition, analysis and management services to the Heine Property Trusts.
Significant project appointments since commencement of EDM include:
- St Vincent’s Aged Care Bronte residential aged care facility $28M
- Jemalong St Leonards 400 apartments
- ICON Central Newcastle 253 apartments and retail $65M
- Redleaf Manor residential aged care facility, Concord $15M
- 171 Collins Street, Melbourne$145M
- Intercontinental Hotel Sydney Double Bay $35M
- Sturt Mall Shopping Centre Wagga Wagga $35M
- Marketown East Shopping Centre, Stage 1 $75M
- Masters Home Improvement Rouse Hill $16M
- Domain Car Park refurbishment $12M
- The Willows Retirement Village RACF $20 million
- The Willows Retirement Village ILUs $27 million
- Pacific Dunes Golf & Country Club subdivision & club house $20M
- Perisher Village Centre serviced apartments and retail $100M
- The Cove Retirement Village ILUs Stage 1 $4M
- 300 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne commercial office $100M
- Waterloo Road, Macquarie Park commercial office $100M
- Star City, Switching Stn site hotel & major refurbishment $750M
- ‘Riviera’ Casino, Hotel, Retail & Car Parking Moscow >USD500M
- Kosciuszko Thredbo – Valley Terminal Hotel, Retail, Residential
- Transport for NSW – project management & contract administration secondment resources
- Dubai Festival City, Dubai, UAE – mixed use development
- Lagoons, Dubai, UAE – project management & administration support for lead consultancy services bid
Significant projects in Bruce’s career also include:
- 383 Kent Street, Sydney. 18,000 sqm commercial office development above a 1,000 space car park for Leighton Properties.
- The Manors, Waitara. 72 apartments for Leighton Properties.
- 417 St Kilda Road, Melbourne. 20,000 sqm commercial office development for Leighton Properties.
- Maritime Centre, 201 Kent Street, Sydney. 60,000 sqm commercial office development for Leighton Properties.
- Sydney Harbour Casino’s (Leighton Properties and Showboat Inc) Temporary Casino and successful bid for Sydney Casino.
- Pacific Casino’s (Leighton Properties and ITT Sheraton) bid for the Melbourne Casino project – runner up to Crown Casino.
- 5 Queens Road Melbourne. $50M commercial office development for Leighton Properties.
Throughout his career Bruce has established an extensive network of related industry professionals, positioning Equity Development Management to provide high quality consulting services across the full spectrum of development projects.
Bruce holds a business degree in Urban Land Economics from the University of Western Sydney and in 2000 completed an Accelerated Management Program at Sydney’s AGSM.